Being sent to Rapid Penang to have my practical training for the firstly was nothing for me! Wondering, not only from me, but others as well why am I going there and what will I do over there...
"Hey, where is your training?"...
"Rapid Penang?"
"Huh? What is that?"
"Rapid Penang, bus company!"
"Oh, I see...! What wii you do? How does it come you are sent to there?"
(Smile)...
That was the reaction that I got before...Quite annoying that people keep asking you and give the same reaction...
Well, actually, my lecturer offered me to go to Kurnia Insurance, Kuala Lumpur. I felt so proud to get the offer from the head of School of Communication in my college...But, after deep consideration on the living cost (rental, food others) , the environment in Kuala Lumpur which are far from one place to one place, too crowded and safety concern from others, then I decided to settle in Penang...
It was quite sometimes for me to get a place here, I was so interested in Rasa Sayang Hotel (6-stars international hotel), but it was too far as for me that didn't have any transport, then I tried to propose on E & O (unfortunately, I was too late, two of my friends have been accepted) and last, I gave it to my lecturer to decide...Even I was scared that it could be a wrong chooice, but I tried to convince my self,
"No matter, I'm going to be sent, I believe, it would be a great and the best choice for me. I have to put faith in my lecturer, she should know what the best for me!"
That was how I got the offer to be sent to Rapid Penang...
I still remembered the first day I worked, wearing the formal suit and high heels, walking alone to the bus station before it was at 7 o'clock (it was quite scary actually, but no choice =[ )...The, I had to wait once I was in front of the gate...Luckily, my friend brought me to the place before...Thank you so much man!!!=)
then, once the HR staff came, finally...me and other friend got into the waiting room and thank God for giving me a chance to sit after pain with the high heels, then I said to my self I won't ever wear high heels without bringing a slipper to change, or I have to choose an open air high heels with holes everywhere (hahahaha) and now, that is the best choice ever, I don't need to feel that pain anymore...(I wonder, some woman are so great to stand on it...hm....or my shoes is too cheap, but it isn't cheap or I am too stupid to stand on it?)
Briefing for us was started on that morning in the meeting room, we got the letter on what the work was going to be...All those kinds of letter! So happy that I first saw "allowance", "Thank you!"
Then, the days started...
First day, second day, third days... I felt good with all the tasks, busy days, working over time and start judging that working is fun and great, because I really can't wait to get into thereal world of working life, but yeah...the climax came, I start to feel, it steals my time, tiring unfair and some feelings that most of workers would feel...The great part is they don't treat me as a trainee, but staff and here comes the worst part, it seems the works all are given to you, hahahaha..
Be honest, compared to my others friends in the same place and in other places, I am dare to say that I learn a lot of things, I have been in good times and bad times of orking life, how the real world of working looks like, what and how we should act and do in this particular place where sometimes things are too real, too pretending and too fake at the time...
I won't write each details of things here, but now...I have been in the last week of my time in Rapid Penang...All of kinds of feelings appeals to me and others, all are mixed...Sad, hate, unfair, complaint, fun, busy, tiredness...I just want to finish my works soon and get back to my world of life, but at the same time, it is the time to leave...Yup, It is hard for me to eave here as well after joining them for almost 3 months, having bad time and laughter together, gossiping...
Thank you so much guys for everything, the bad and the good one, I learn something, always...
Flashing back to my decision to be here, I do not regret...It just has showed me, how tough, how good, how tiring working life are, no matter where and what we do, I think, the most important part are interest in what you are doing, how the surroundings and people are,
it is not only about how good or bad the situation will be or how the atmosphere looks like and felt,
ALL ARE GO BACK TO US AND ME, how I and you are going to change them, how we think and have a mindset on it...
Yet, don't judge the book by the cover, but read it by the times, get into it as you live with it, as you live in it, realize what the role is you are playing and how others there, nevertheless, each of us plays an important role inside...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

oh, I thought Rapid Penang is some river rapids attraction =)
ReplyDeletehey i also learn ALOT to K! HAHAHAHA!!! we all learn in many different ways ya! hehe
ReplyDeletefor Re: hah? kan? wrong guess again,what's rapid? =(
ReplyDeletebut now, glad that Rapid is getting well known, hihihihihi...
for Big. Bear : ya ya, we learn lots of things...totally in different ways for each of us!!! =) cya soon...
haha, i meant the rubber boats on fast flowing river, it's called rapids, right? :D
ReplyDeleteWell...that's right! But, what do you think what i will do there? hihihihihihihihi...
ReplyDelete